The Collier County Sheriff’s Office reminds parents who will be driving their children to schools in the Golden Gate Estates area that there is road construction on Oil Well Road.
Please plan your drive accordingly as the construction may cause some delay.
CCSO offers these driving safety tips:
* Expect the unexpected. Normal speed limits may be reduced, traffic lanes may change and crews may be working close to the roadway.
* Slow down. Speeding is one of the major causes of work-zone crashes. Speeding fines are doubled when construction workers are present.
* Don’t tailgate. Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you.
* Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and construction workers and their equipment.
* Pay attention to signs.
* Obey road crew flaggers.
* Stay alert and minimize distractions such as cell phones and changing radio stations.
* Keep up with the traffic flow.
* Schedule enough time to drive safely.
* Be patient and stay calm.