Holiday shoppers won’t be the only ones focusing on stores bright and early this Friday.
Collier County Sheriff’s Office deputies will be visiting area shopping districts to offer shopping safety tips. Deputies will present shoppers with a CCSO holiday safety shopping list and an ink pen. The shopping list has plenty of space for names and gift ideas and includes a list of tips to help shoppers stay safe. The shopping list can also be printed out at http://www.colliersheriff.org/ throughout the holiday season.
Click here to print out a copy of the shopping list.
Deputies will be filing Twitter feeds and Facebook posts live from area stores as they make their Black Friday rounds. Often referred to as Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving is traditionally one of the biggest shopping days of the holiday season. To receive these feeds, visit the CCSO’s main page at http://www.colliersheriff.org/ and click on the Twitter and Facebook icons.
Throughout the holiday season, deputies will patrol on foot, in cars and on horseback. They’ll also use the agency’s Skywatch Sentinel to help keep a close eye on various shopping center parking lots.
The CCSO would like to remind the community to follow these holiday shopping tips:
* Shop during daylight hours when possible. If shopping at night, take a friend or family member and park in a well-lit area.
*Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
* Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible. They are prime targets in crowded areas. Keep cash in your front pocket.
* Avoid carrying large amounts of money.
* Be alert to your surroundings.
* Locate your keys and have them in your hand before you arrive at your car.
Click here to watch a CCSO video about holiday shopping safety.