Congratulations, you got an iPhone 5.
The Collier County Sheriff’s Office has just the app for you.
The Sheriff’s Office’s popular iPhone application, CCSO2go, is free and ready for download.
This latest version of the app also offers more timely push notifications of CCSO news. By getting information out quicker, app users can help CCSO solve crimes.
All CCSO-produced videos can be found on the app. Users can watch videos on a wide array of safety topics ranging from distracted driving to bullying to burglary prevention, as well as each month’s episode of the agency’s television show “On-Scene.”
Users can also find real-time traffic information and updated Google street view maps to help them with their commute.
The new CCSO2go is iPad friendly and available at the iTunes App Store. Here is the link to CCSO2go on the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ccso2go/id441092324?mt=8
If you have already downloaded CCSO2go, please use your iTunes "Updates" feature to download the latest version and to experience all of the new enhancements. If you are downloading the app for the first time, you will automatically get all of the new features.
Launched in 2011, CCSO2go is one of a series of initiatives Sheriff Kevin Rambosk has rolled out to follow through with his pledge to partner with the community through the use of technology. Sheriff Rambosk believes the more information our citizens have the safer our community will be.
In addition to CCSO2go, the agency’s social media platform includes:
* A Facebook fan page that features a broad range of crime and safety news, including videos and information organized in easy to navigate sections. Separate areas are established for youth, cold cases, and photos. There’s even a place where visitors can submit a tip and help solve a crime. Another section of the fan page offers downloadable computer wallpaper images. The page can be found at www.facebook.com/colliersheriff.
* A Twitter account where followers can stay up-to-date on news, information and live traffic updates that could affect their commute.
* The Collier Star e-newsletter, which delivers agency news to subscribers’ e-mail in-boxes daily.
* The Internet site www.ccso.tv, which offers CCSO-produced safety and crime-prevention videos, profiles of cold cases and unedited footage of CCSO press conferences.
* “On Scene,” a monthly TV show that provides an up-close look at CCSO, information on how to stay safe, information on wanted criminals and more. “On Scene” airs on the Collier County government television channel, the Collier County School District’s Education Channel and www.ccso.tv.