Thursday, March 31, 2011
Multi-Agency Investigation Leads To Arrest Of Bonita Woman
Linda D. Flemke, 37, 10151 Carolina St., Bonita Springs, is charged with fraudulently obtaining property over $50,000, grand theft from a victim 65 or older and exploitation of the elderly. The investigation, which involves the Collier County Sheriff’s Office, the Naples Police Department, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and the State Attorneys Office, is ongoing. To date, seven victims have been identified.
Flemke is the operator of Jackie’s Gotcha Cleaning Company and has been cleaning area residences for several years. Most of the stolen items were sold at pawn and second-hand dealers in Lee County. Detectives have been able to recover many of the items.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Collier County Sheriff's Office at 239.252.9300.
Law enforcement recommends that citizens take these steps to protect valuables:
- Keep all of your valuables, sentimental and/or financial, in a secure location that only authorized people have access to. Simply having it in your house may not be enough.
- If an item does not have an identifying serial number put an identifiable marking on it if possible.
- Document and photograph all of your valuables. Serial numbers, identifiable markings and photographs can be essential for identifying and recovering property.
- Safely maintain documentation on all of your valuable items including receipts, appraisals and upgrades.
- Know who is coming in and around your residence. Only allow subjects you are comfortable with or companies you are comfortable with to perform work in compromising areas of your house.
- Try to stay within eye and ear distance of subjects who are allowed to work within your house.
- Obtain identity information on all subjects who are allowed into your residence that you must leave alone.