A three-hour safety equipment checkpoint Wednesday morning in North Naples yielded 17 citations.
CCSO Deputies conduct such checkpoints regularly to detect equipment violations, improper documentation and document fraud.
In all, 169 vehicles were inspected during Wednesday’s checkpoint, which was conducted on 91st Avenue North. The results were:
* Three people were cited for driving on a suspended or revoked license.
* Four people were cited for not having a driver’s license.
* One person was cited for violating a driver’s license restriction.
* One person was cited for having an expired driver’s license.
* Two people were cited for having no proof of insurance.
* One was cited for an equipment violation.
* One person was cited for having no proof of registration.
* Two people were cited for not having their driver’s license with them.
* One person was cited for violation of a learner’s permit.
* One person was arrested on a misdemeanor warrant.