Wednesday, November 21, 2012
CCSO Offers Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
Throughout the holiday season, deputies will patrol on foot, in cars and on horseback. They’ll also use the agency’s Skywatch Sentinel to help keep a close eye on various shopping center parking lots.
Often referred to as Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving is traditionally one of the biggest shopping days of the holiday season.
Deputies will be visiting area shopping districts this Black Friday, Nov. 23, to offer shopping safety tips. They will also be on the lookout for shoppers doing things right.
Deputies will present shoppers seen doing things like locking their doors and not leaving valuables in plain sight with a CCSO holiday safety shopping list. The shopping list has plenty of space for names and gift ideas and includes a list of tips to help shoppers stay safe.
Click here to print out a copy of the shopping list.
CCSO would like to remind the community to follow these holiday shopping tips:
- Shop during daylight hours when possible. If shopping at night, take a friend or family member and park in a well-lit area.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible. They are prime targets in crowded areas. Keep cash in your front pocket.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of money.
- Be alert to your surroundings.
- Locate your keys and have them in your hand before you arrive at your car.
Watch a CCSO video about holiday shopping safety.