Aggressive driving causes crashes and deaths on our roadways. Do you ever catch yourself doing any of these while driving?
- changing lanes unsafely or without signaling
- failing to yield the right of way
- illegal passing
- running red lights, stop signs, or yield signs
If you find yourself driving carelessly, there are some things you can do to keep yourself and other drivers safe.
- Plan ahead and allow for plenty of time to get to your destination.
- Listen to soothing music when you drive.
- Obey the speed limit and limit your distractions, like eating, drinking, or talking on your phone.
How should you handle an aggressive driver?
- Try to get out of their way safely.
- Do not attempt to catch up to them.
- Avoid eye contact. Ignore any gestures.
To report aggressive driving call 239.793.9300 or the ZOOM traffic hotline at 530-ZOOM .
Call 9-1-1 if it is an emergency.