Sunday, June 15, 2008

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Claims Man

Deputies say the death of a 19-year-old Golden Gate man Sunday was due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Rodney Tyrone Marshall’s body was discovered around 2 p.m. at 2657 55th St. SW by a friend who had become concerned when Marshall failed to show up to play basketball. Also in the house was Marshall’s roommate, Jeffrey Bazile, 18. Bazile was semi-conscious at the time, but did survive.

Reports say the two moved into the house Saturday and were using a generator for power until they could get the electricity turned on. They initially put the generator outside the house but moved it inside around 11 p.m. so the noise wouldn’t disturb the neighbors.

Deputies say toxic carbon monoxide gas produced by the generator eventually filled the house.

No further information is available.