Monday, August 26, 2013

Thank You, CCSO

The CCSO often receives thank-you letters for the hard work and time deputies invest in making our community a safer and more enjoyable place to live. We would like to share this one:

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude to the organizers and volunteers at the Gone Fishing made available with the help of the Sheriff’s dept at the Naples Pier.

My family and I were visiting for the second year in a row the week of July 22. We came out a couple of times that week early in the morning and were greeted by such helpful people from the sheriff’s department and other volunteers. They helped my daughter (7 yrs old) learn how to bait her own hook and both my daughters caught their first fish in Naples. Their smiles were priceless! I even caught a baby hammerhead shark that day, and what a commotion there was as I understand those are not caught often off the pier. My husband and I really have enjoyed this feature during your summer months and it has created so many previous memories for not only ourselves, but our children.

We have spent our summer vacation 2 years in row in Naples, FL, and we certainly recommend it to other families. We will be back for more!

I do hope that the community keeps sponsoring this initiative as it is not only great for the Boys and Girls club of America, but for the tourists as well, who you are creating such a memorable experience.

Thanks so much and please share this with those members of the police dept. that were there on the pier helping out each day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Bianca