Collier County residents can now take their neighborhood crime map with them wherever they go, thanks to a new iPhone application.
Offered by the Collier County Sheriff’s Office in partnership with CrimeReports, the application provides local crime mapping and national sex offender data. CCSO already publishes its crime data on its Web site through Crimereports. The iPhone application makes the information more accessible than ever.
The application is free and available at the iTunes App Store.
Sheriff Kevin J. Rambosk said the application is one of many ways CCSO is partnering with the community to keep Collier County safe.
“I have always believed that an informed community is a safe community,” Sheriff Rambosk said. “I want our citizens to have as much information as possible, and I want to make it as easy as possible for them to access that information.”
In addition to local crime, the CrimeReports iPhone application also features crime data for more than 600 other law enforcement agencies across North America, and includes registered sex offender data for all 50 states.
The CrimeReports iPhone application allows anyone to:
• Filter data by location or address, incident type, and customizable date range
• View recent neighborhood level crimes on the map or in a list
• View national sex offender data alongside crime in your neighborhood
• Sign up for free, automated e-mail crime alerts
• Request the participation of other surrounding law enforcement agencies if they’re not already on-board
To find out more about the iPhone application go to www.CrimeReports.com/iphone.