Monday, February 22, 2010

Thank You, CCSO


The CCSO often receives thank-you letters for the hard work and time deputies invest in making our community a safer and more enjoyable place to live. We would like to share this one.

Dear CCSO:

I recently purchased a handgun. So I Googled "Gun Ranges, Collier County, FL" and the CCSO Gun Range was one of the links that came up. I had no idea that it was periodically available to the general public.

Today I had the good fortune and opportunity to shoot at the CCSO Gun Range. To my pleasant surprise, I found every deputy there to be professional, friendly, helpful, courteous and very patient. Though it's been over 20 years since I had last fired a gun, I can honestly say that today was the best range experience I have ever had since I, and my Boy Scouts, took the weekend long Hunter Safety Course with the Florida Game and Freshwater Fish Commission in 1983,

Law abiding citizens may often see a CSO cruiser while never having the opportunity to interact with any deputies at all. Today's very positive experience has helped me a great deal in understanding more about the CCSO department.

I'm sorry that I did not write down the names of any deputies, but all of the deputies there today should be commended.

Sincerely,
--
Frank Herrmann