Friday, April 23, 2010

Thank You, CCSO

The letter below was featured in the Naples Daily News' Letters to the Editor section.

Editor, Daily News:

I am an alcoholic. I was recently incarcerated in the Collier County jail and had a life-changing program offered to me.

The Collier County jail has a drug- and alcohol-treatment program called Project Recovery. It is about saving lives!

I spent 71 days in this program and successfully graduated on April 5. This program is run by a staff of professional counselors who bar none are the best I have ever met! I learned more about my addiction to alcohol in 71 days than I could have ever imagined. They taught me the tools required to stay sober and to get my life back on track.

I owe them my respect and gratitude, so to Project Recovery, thank you for all you have done and everything you stand for. The staff members are Vickie Freeman, Anna Messano, Joanne Cox, Lori Penn, Linda Tremper and Liz Snyder.

God bless you all and let us never forget that recovery begins with the first step.

— Wade Beaber
Naples