Thursday, March 14, 2013
Sheriff Rambosk Announces Organizational Changes
Sheriff Kevin Rambosk is announcing some restructuring and position realignments at the Collier County Sheriff’s Office as he moves forward with his second term of office.
Sheriffs traditionally reorganize the agency they lead when they take office. However, when Sheriff Rambosk took office in January 2009, Collier County and the entire nation were experiencing one of the most severe economic downturns in their history. His focus at that time was on collapsing positions and consolidating functions in order to conserve taxpayer dollars and avoid layoffs.
“Now, with the economy stabilizing, I am pleased to say that we are able to implement our organizational plan for the future,” Sheriff Rambosk said.
No new positions are being created, although some areas are being re-titled. There is a consolidation of duties in some areas, and some positions have been reclassified based on new roles and responsibilities.
Certain roles are returning to the function they served prior to the economic downturn. During the downturn, Sheriff Rambosk cut $20.6 million from the agency’s budget, for a cumulative $48 million reduction.
The changes, which are being funded within the agency’s existing budget, are part of Sheriff Rambosk’s commitment to delivering quality professional law enforcement to our community.
Sheriff Rambosk said he is still looking forward to creating more organizational changes at other levels, all of which will increase operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
Changes in position are as follows:
• Chris Roberts is moving from Captain of the Special Investigations Division to Chief of the Corrections Department.
• Mike Hedberg is moving from Captain of the Legal Office to Chief of the General Legal Counsel and Court Service Department.
• Stephanie Spell is moving from Director of Community Outreach to Chief of the Community Engagement Department.
• Rod Bishop is moving from Commander of the Criminal Investigations Division to Captain of the Criminal Investigations Division.
• Darlyn Estes is moving from Manager of the Human Resources Division to Director of the Human Resources Division.
• Beth Jones is moving from Commander of the Youth Prevention and Delinquency Services Division to Captain of the Youth Prevention and Delinquency Services Division.
• Robert Lewis is moving from Commander of the Special Operations Division to Captain of the Special Operations Division.
• Harold Minch is moving from Lieutenant of Vice and Narcotics to Captain of the Special Investigations Division.